Breakfast Hash with Chorizo & Eggs





Do you are making large breakfasts on the weekend?  I don’t as frequently as I use to when I had two boys living at domestic, however once in a while we enjoy cooking a larger breakfast and this Breakfast Hash with Chorizo & Eggs hits the spot!

After I published a recipe for Hassleback Potatoes with Chorizo and Eggs my neighbor, who loves chorizo just as tons as I do, added me a package of the form of chorizo she uses (Cacique is the brand).  It’s a Mexican chorizo that is available in a tube in place of individual hyperlinks. I notion a “hash” with the chorizo and potatoes cooked in my solid iron skillet seemed like an awesome idea.

I cut up the potatoes into chunks in conjunction with an onion and orange bell pepper.   Cooked it up in a bit oil in the skillet.  While that changed into cooking, I cooked the chorizo in a extraordinary pan (wasn’t positive how it might cook up), then delivered it to the potatoes.  When I became geared up to serve breakfast, I fried up a couple eggs to place on top. Garnished with a touch shredded cheddar, inexperienced onion and cilantro and declared it breakfast!
But I didn’t forestall there.  After I gave my husband his plate, I had a few potato/chorizo aggregate left over so I notion I’d additionally attempt it with scrambled eggs rather than fried eggs.  That was virtually terrific too!  In truth, in my opinion, I preferred this version better.   Just scramble the eggs inside the identical skillet with the final potato/chorizo.  Both ways were so scrumptious so I thought it turned into pleasant to provide you alternatives.  If you decide on scrambled eggs over fried eggs, provide the scrambled egg version a strive.


Ingredients

  •     four C. Diced crimson potatoes
  •     1 onion, diced
  •     1 orange bell pepper, diced
  •     couple shakes of salt & pepper
  •     Oil for cooking
  •     1 pkg. Chorizo
  •     eggs - 1 or 2 according to individual, depending on how many eggs all people desires
  •     Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced inexperienced onions, chopped cilantro

Instructions

  1. Dice potatoes into chunks. I quartered them, then reduce the quarters in half of, so I got 8 chunks according to potato. Cut onion and orange bell pepper into comparable sized portions.
  2. Heat skillet and upload a few oil to cook dinner the potatoes, onions and peppers. I like to cover the potatoes while they cook and keep to stir now and again in order that they do not burn.
  3. Meanwhile, brown/prepare dinner chorizo in pan, then add to potatoes. When prepared to serve, upload potato/chorizo mixture to plate and top with fried egg. Garnish with shredded cheese, sliced green onion and some chopped cilantro.

For the scrambled egg model:

  1. Mix a pair eggs together in a bowl as you usually would for scrambled eggs. Add to skillet with potatoes and chorizo and prepare dinner, stirring, till eggs are cooked. Then garnish as stated above.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: